Tuesday, September 27, 2011


 SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

I am pleased to announce  that Bernie Katzman, pianist extraordinaire, now has a website entitled

where you can purchase many of his songs or even request one yourself! He is the main instrumentalist for many of my songs and videos, including the music you are hearing on this blog!  






E-MAIL ADDRESSES
susanmaskin887@gmail.com




This blog is dedicated to Stephen Lawrence,
Bernie Katzman and Sigal Chen

George Elliot, a famous 19th century British author had a very special sentiment for me: "you are never too old to be what you might have been."  This quotation is special to me because I began my life's work of writing stories in my late 50's and music in my early 60's.  So... I got a late start...not as late as Grandma Moses perhaps, (she started painting in her late 70's when some arthritis made it difficult to continue her embroidery)  late for a writer and composer.  I was a school librarian and that gave me the motivation to write stories for children ( http://suziejean.blogspot.com )  and (http://suziejean.com).

I then went on to write songs for children which I still do, but now I have been composing songs for an older audience.  I write both the music and lyrics, but do not perform the songs for recordings. My friend Bernie Katzman, a genius at the piano and a professional entertainment does that.  I have to also thank Stephen Lawrence who is a professional composer for teaching me how to do it in the first place.

This blog is dedicated to children's songs.  If you want to download any song,
please feel free to do so  as many of these songs are download allowed. By going to this link:

You can check out my other blogs by clicking on:




To use this blog and listen to the songs, please look at the menu at the right side of the blog or below. Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment